ZION WILL DUNK home
After starting out in soccer and football, Zion Williamson fell in love with basketball at the age of five. At that point, he decided to put his energy into becoming the best basketball player he would be. Fast forward over a dozen years later and Williamson is being talked about as the next transcendent basketball player. At 6’7 and 260 pounds with an otherworldly vertical leap, what most notice about Zion on the basketball court is his combination of size and athleticism, and the dunks. Oh, Zion Will Dunk.
However, there have been more countless basketball players with the talent, athleticism, and size that never panned out. What makes Williamson special is his high basketball IQ and his ability to understand how best to maximize his skills, talent and abilities to perform not only on an individual level, but in ways that help his teams win.
That rare combination of brains and brawn has made Williamson the consensus #1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. Most see the dunks and highlights, but Zion is much more than your everyday dunker, and luckily NBA teams (and basketball heads) know that.
“I kind of hate being classified as a dunker,” Williamson told ESPN. “Coach (Mike Krzyzewski) wouldn’t have recruited me if I was just a dunker. But I guess people on the outside don’t understand that. I can’t play to impress other people. I’m playing to get better for myself and my teammates.”
And if Williamson was solely a human highlight reel and now much else, he certainly wouldn’t have won so many high school championships nor would he have been joined fellow transcendent hoopers Kevin Durant and Anthony Davis as the only Freshmen to ever be voted the consensus National College Player of the Year.
Nor would Zion have been voted AP player of the Year, ACC Player of the Year or named a consensus first-team All-American among many other awards and accomplishments during his one season at Duke.
- Brandon Ingram 'frustrated' New Orleans Pelicans for competitive reasons in 2023 - Sportsnaut
- Zion Williamson became unwilling to work with New Orleans Pelicans' VP of player care - Sportsnaut
- Coach, front office moves update: Pistons make Williams hiring ... - Yahoo Sports
- NIL Deals of the Week: LSU's Angel Reese stars in commercial for ... - On3.com
- Beckett Sports Card Hot / Cold - June 2, 2023 - Beckett News
- NBA Rumors: This Thunder-Pelicans Trade Moves Zion Williamson - NBA Analysis Network
- An LGBTQ+ Vendor Was Disinvited from a Fort Worth Marketplace ... - Dallas Observer
- WATCH: LSU star Angel Reese joins Zion Williamson and Karl-Anthony Towns to promote Starry - Sportskeeda
- Suns reportedly hire ex-Lakers head coach Frank Vogel - AOL
- LSU star Angel Reese adds Cardi B music video to her wild 2023 offseason resume - Yahoo Sport Australia
- LSU star Angel Reese adds Cardi B music video to her wild 2023 offseason resume - Yahoo Singapore News
- Angel Reese Partners With STARRY In New ‘3>2’ Campaign For NBA Finals - Yahoo News
- 'Fux These Videos Big Fella': After Playing Less Than 30 Games ... - EssentiallySports
- NBA Rumors: Zion Williamson Refused to Work with Pelicans' VP of Player Care at Times - Bleacher Report
- LSU star Angel Reese featured in rap star Latto's latest music video ... - Post South